On this episode, we chat about ideas from Chris’s new book, How to Calm Your Mind!
Topics covered include:
- How a calm mind can make us significantly more productive;
- How anxiety shrinks our cognitive performance;
- What calm actually is;
- How anxiety is a spectrum;
- How presence is the key to productivity, and how to find it;
- The “accomplishment mindset”;
- The various drafts of How to Calm Your Mind;
- How we need dopamine, and also how it can lead us astray;
- Our brain’s “acquisition mentality”;
- The three factors that influence the size of the dopamine hit we get from something;
- What “superstimuli” are and how they highjack our attention on a chemical level;
- How to balance time between the digital and analog worlds;
- The various types of chronic stress;
- The power science of “savoring” our lives.
Links mentioned in this episode:
You can listen (and subscribe) to the podcast below!